Use this calculator to find out how much interest you can earn on a Term Share. Just enter a few pieces of information and we will calculate your annual percentage yield (APY) and ending balance. Click on the "View Report" button to see a detailed schedule of your Term Share's balance and interest earned.
Term Share Calculator
Term Share Calculator Definitions
- Initial deposit
- The starting balance for your Term Share.
- The total number of months for this Term Share to mature.
- Interest rate
- The published interest rate for this Term Share. Make sure to enter the actual interest rate, not the annual percentage yield (APY).
- Interest earned on your Term Share's accumulated interest. This calculator allows you to choose the frequency that your Term Share's interest income is added to your account. The more frequently this occurs, the sooner your accumulated interest income will generate additional interest. You may wish to check with your financial institution to find out how often interest is being compounded on your particular Term Share.
- Annual percentage yield (APY)
- This is the effective annual interest rate earned for this Term Share. A Term Share's APY depends on the frequency of compounding and the interest rate. Since APY measures your actual interest earned per year, you can use it to compare Term Share's of different interest rates and compounding frequencies.