Deferred Payment Loan
Use this calculator to help you determine the impact of a deferred payment on a loan. Select your deferment period, loan amount, interest rate and term to calculate your payment. You can then examine your principal balances by payment, total of all payments made, and total interest paid. Press the report button to see a monthly payment schedule.
Deferred Payment Loan Definitions
- Payments deferred for
- Number of days your payments are deferred. For each 30 day period, we assume you owe 1/12 of the annual interest rate of the original loan balance. This deferred interested interest is added to your starting principal balance.
- Loan amount
- Total amount of your loan.
- Payment for this loan.
- Interest rate
- Annual interest rate for this loan. Interest is calculated each period on the current outstanding balance of your loan. The periodic rate is your annual rate divided by the number of periods per year.
- Number of payments
- Number of payments for this loan.
- Starting amount
- The total principal balance for the loan after the deferment period ends.
- Payment frequency
- Choose how often payments will be made. The options are weekly (52 payments per year), bi-weekly (26 payments per year), semi-monthly (24 payments per year), monthly (12 payments per year), bi-monthly (6 payments per year), quarterly (4 payments per year), semi-annual (2 payments per year), and annually (1 payment per year).
- Interest paid
- Total amount of interest that will be paid on this loan. This total assumes all payments are made as scheduled, and there are no prepayments of principal.
- Total payments
- Total all payments for this loan. This includes all interest and principal. This total assumes all payments are made as scheduled, and there are no prepayments of principal.