Life Expectancy Calculator (Canadian)
How much you need for retirement depends a great deal on how long you expect to live. This calculator can give you an idea of your life expectancy based on your current age, smoking habits, gender and several other important lifestyle choices.
Life Expectancy Calculator (Canadian) Definitions
- Current age
- Your current age.
- Males generally have shorter life expectancies than females. This calculator uses separate mortality tables depending on your gender.
- If you smoke, your life expectancy is generally going to be shorter than if you don't. This calculator uses separate mortality tables for smokers and non-smokers.
- Weight & height
- Being overweight can reduce your life expectancy. Your target weight is determined by your height and weight, exceeding that weight can reduce your life expectancy.
- Alcohol Consumption
- Life style choices such as drinking alcohol can reduce your life expectancy.
- Dangerous driving habits can indicate a greater risk of accidents and death. We use the number of driving violations to help determine this risk.
- Blood pressure & family medical history
- High blood pressure and history of cardiovascular problems, diabetes in you or your parents can indicate a shorter life expectancy. While it can be difficult to control your family history, it is a factor in determining your life expectancy.