Maintenance Update 06 30 2019
The June 30th update for 2019 is limited to fixes and enhancements (except for the 72T calculators). This update is optional unless you have received instructions from us or have one of the calculators specifically mentioned below. All updates are cumulative, by skipping this limited update any changes to your package will be included in the next update release. To view the previous update package please see Calculator Update 3/31/2019.
- Download the latest version of your calculator update from your download site, found on your update e-mail notice.
- Run the update package (KJECalc.exe). This is a self-extracting zip file. (Or unzip the KJECalc.zip file if you are using a non-windows platform.)
- When prompted for a directory, you may use the default or enter your own. It is recommended that you extract the update to a new directory and then move the required files to your production environment. One directory will be created with no subdirectories.
- Copy the new files to your current deployment, replacing files with identical files names with the new ones.
If you wish, you can download the full calculator package from the same location, and refresh all files provided by KJE for your calculators. This package includes any site specific changes done for you by KJE, but will not include any customizations by you or your web-developers. Please contact us if you have questions regarding this new update package.
Master Changes (affects all V3 calculators):
- Numerous fine-tuning adjustments to the V3 core deployment. This includes refinements to error handling, accessibilty, display and mobile device compatibility issues. If you have been provided a refresh of your calculator package previously in June of 2019, you will have already received these changes.
- Minor updates to Spanish calculator definitions and text for typographical errors are included in this update.
- ADA and Screen Readers: Continued improvement ADA and screen reader functionality are included in this update to meet or exceed accessibility specification WCAG 2.0 Level AA and Section 508.
Calculator specific updates:
- 72(t) Calculator: Early withdrawals from retirement accounts (Retire72T.html, Retire72T2.html), 72(t) Distributions: Impact on retirement fund balances (Retire72TAlt.html): The Federal Mid-Term rate has been updated for July 2019. This change affects the calculators default values and the definition of Reasonable Interest Rate For July 2019. For July 2019, 120% of the Federal Mid-Term rate has changed to 2.50%.
- Canadian Retirement Planning Calculator: (CARetirementPlan.html, FRRetirementPlan.html): OAS eligibility for full retirement updated to 65 people age 60 or more, 66 for people 58 or 59, and 67 for everyone 57 or less.
- Tax Calculator (Tax1040.html):: External links now open in new window or tab, instead of loading in current browser page.